Sunday, December 31, 2006

A New Year

I took the tree down yesterday. Now it's waiting at the curb to be turned into mulch by the city. It was loosing some needles and I have a big family party tomorrow so figured it would be better to take it down. More room, less mess.
I started inviting my Aunt, Uncle, cousins and my brother and his family on New Years Day a few years ago. These are people who live close but we don't see much except for weddings, funerals and graduation parties. I decided we needed to see each other for Christmas. Not much work on my part. I just make some coffee, buy some pop and try to get rid of all the Christmas snacks, candy and cookies! Everyone brings a snack. It is usually pretty crowded but no one cares. It's just good to get together.
I'll probably start taking down the rest of my decorations on Tuesday. Everything but the snowmen, that is. I leave them up all winter. After that's all done I'll probably feel like this!


I wish you all a very happy and fulfilling New Year. Thank you all for visiting my blog and I hope to make more blog friends over the coming year!

I also need to thank my awesome (and favorite,of course) son-in-law for being so patient with me and redoing my blog when ever I get the urge! Thanks especially for the string of blinkie snowmen that I know gave you trouble and that I wanted so badly!

6 comments:

Susie said...

Happy New Year Jean!
I've enjoyed getting to know you and am looking forward to the coming year..
:)

Smalltown RN said...

sounds like a wonderful New Years...and what a lovely purse you got....I might add you are a very crafty person...I think I could learn a thing or two from you.....cheers....enjoy New Years!

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Hi Jean! I, too, have enjoyed getting to know you and have had such a wonderful time reading your blog. I love your new look and the snowmen are soooo cute! Your family get-together sounds perfect! Happy New Year to you and your family!

LostRoses said...

Hi Jean, I just discovered your blog and have had fun reading all your entries. Love your photos, and that precious little granddaughter!

Those are wonderful pictures of your mother and father's wedding and the pose showing your grandmother and her sisters. How lucky you are to have them! I had posted a photo on my blog early in December of my mother and father's wedding picture and her dress was also velvet, but in green!

Happy New Year!

Carole Burant said...

Happy New Year to you and yours, dear Jean! I'm so glad our paths crossed in this big wide world of blogging and I so look forward to future posts and comments:-)I always enjoys coming to visit and you're always so welcoming!! Love the purse Laurie surprised you with! Much love xoxo

Diana LaMarre said...

That was one BIG family party! It looked like you all had a wonderful time.

What an adorable little granddaughter!

I wish you and all your family the happiest of new years.