Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Home Again!

I thought I'd give you a little tour around town to complete this "series". There is a celebration every August for Lucy's birthday. You can read all about it here. As you can see, this is the Gift Shop. Since these pictures were taken, the gift shop has moved across the street to the museum store front. Across the street is the Lucy Desi Museum/Playhouse. The sets from the "I Love Lucy "show plus many other treasures are in here. The top floor has been turned into Desi's club. There was a contest this year to celebrate what would have been Lucy's 100th birthday. One couple from Ohio won a free wedding in the 'Club' to be in August.
This mural is painted on the Post Office.
(Mural pictures taken by Chris & Laurie)
This one is on a parking ramp.This one is when they worked in the candy factory.
In 2002, Lucy's remains were moved here to be with her relatives.
I hope you have enjoyed the tour! If you ever decide to come to Lucy's hometown for a real tour, just let me know and Lloyd and I will show you around!

6 comments:

Crystal said...

I LOVE LUCY! I grew up near there - in fact I grew up with TEENY TINY CABIN! I love all of the pictures! Neat website!

TJ said...

I would love to come some time...and you just never know, I might...lol!!
I've enjoyed this so much Jean!!
:-D

Carole Burant said...

Oh Jean, I can't tell you enough how much I've enjoyed this series of post about Lucy. I would absolutely LOVE to be able to go on a tour with you and Lloyd...Lucy was such a delight and how wonderful that her hometown has such lovely memories of her!! xox

Tracey said...

Jean, I have so enjoyed this tour with you! I've been to the chocolate factory; naturally, there is a photos of Lucy and Ethel stuffing their faces =)

I think we should select a date and have a big party there together!

The Tiquehunters Wife said...

Even though I wasn't born here, I love this area so much and consider it my true home! Yes, Crystal is our biggest Lucy fan, I knew she would love your series. This has been such fun! Jean!

Deb said...

Jean ~ I thoroughly enjoyed all you Lucy posts. Thanks for all the information and fun tour!