Friday, March 23, 2007

Removing winter!

I removed winter today! I brought in the sled that stood by the front door, took the winter wreath off the beauty shop door and took down my snowman flag. Most of our snow is gone and it's in the low 40's but so far there is no snow in the forcast.
I picked these pussy willows in my garden. I bought the tree several years ago at Walmart on clearance for three dollars. They called it a pink pussywillow. See how pink some of them are. When they get bigger they don't look pink.
One of my customers comes from Sweeden and he told me that they tie bright colored feathers on pussywillows for Easter. This picture I found shows them on several spring plants. The pot on the right looks like pussywillows.I did see some more stuff sprouting. The hyacinth and the lenton roses are showing new growth. I even threw some grass seed on the front lawn.
I'm sure not expecting to be snow free now, I do live in western New York, but I'm hoping for just a couple inches here and there not feet!

6 comments:

TJ said...

now if the weather will just cooperate!!
:-D

Carole Burant said...

I've always love pussy willows! I remember as a young girl, going to pick some and bringing them home to paint the furry part with all different colours...then I would tie them together with a ribbon and give them to my mom:-) I hadn't thought of that in years! All our snow is now mostly gone, but like you, I know we can get more snow any time yet, we're not out of the woods just yet! lol

Beemoosie said...

I love your pictures, Jean!! The weather here has been delightful, hasn't it? I'm believe I'm a bit further north than you, I had a lovely sunny day yesterday! It's like waking up from a long, long nap!!

homespun living said...

I was just thinking I should head out for a walk along our hedgerow and look for pussy willows.
Debbie

Susie said...

I'll have to look for some pussy willows. I know where I used to find them, but haven't seen them in years!
Taking the winter decor down makes spring seem that much closer!!
:)

Diana LaMarre said...

I was just telling a friend that I wanted some pussy willows this spring.

I don't know where to find them. When I was a kid, they were all over the place! Maybe I am just not looking for them anymore.