Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Just stuff


My neighbor and I went to an estate sale on Tuesday. Lots of expensive antiques and not much of the "junk" that I like. I did find this ladder in the garage. It was painted green at some point but by the looks of it, it was several years ago. I thought it would fill the spot where my tree was in the garden. Next year I'll plant a vine to grow on it.
My girl friend gave me these cute wooden ducks for my birthday. The one on the right has a tube to measure rain. I put them on the church pew by the beauty shop door. I love their blue and yellow boots!
I took this picture at the basket factory. I loved the old weathered wood and the rusty thermometer. It's probably been there as long as the factory has!
Just resting under a tree while working in the yard.


5 comments:

savvycityfarmer said...

I have a penchant for old advertising thermometers...oh well...not many would "get it"

Carole Burant said...

Fabulous pictures...only you would buy an old ladder and use it in the garden and make it look good! lol Love it!! Also love that old thermometer...as you say, that's probably been there since the early days of the factory!! Love the little duckies, so adorable! xox

RUTH said...

I love your frog sitting on the ladder :o)

Dawn said...

I knew you would find that perfect something to go in the spot where the tree was...
Love the thermometer pic.

kris said...

Fun photos - I love the ladder you found at the estate sale. Perfect for that spot in your garden!