Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Lucky!

Not only did I guess the name of a cat over at for the love of vintage for an unknown prize, but I won a Romantic Homes magazine from vintage girl at heart! I had not seen this magazine before and a lot of it was too frilly for my taste. I did enjoy looking at the beautiful pictures and reading the articles.I do like the colors and chippy paint in this display. The vintage turquoise accessories in this kitchen are wonderful and I wouldn't mind a chandelier in the right spot.
Of course, I loved this kitchen with the bright colored dish display. Even if something is not your specific style, with an open mind you can get ideas anywhere.I found this cute domed dish at an antique mart and knew I had to have it! Works great on my mantle with a small bird in it.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you did get lucky today. I like looking at those kinds of magazines too, it can spark ideas. I like the kitchen with the turquoise accents. Very vintage. Your little glass dome is cute with the bird in it.

Sweetie said...

Lucky you! Thanks so much for hosting Bloomin' Tuesday. It makes a log of smiling faces. Please pick up your award on my blog!
Sweetie

Carole Burant said...

Hmmmm...I guess I'll have to rub you for luck! lol Congratulations on your wins...that magazine looks wonderful, I'll have to see if it's available here. Looks to be my kind of magazine:-) Love that little domed dish you found!! xoxo

Deb said...

Congratulations on your wins Jean. You will really enjoy Romantic Homes magazine. I love the little domed dish you found :-)

ShabbyInTheCity said...

Good! Now I know more about your taste...I need your address :) Somehow you missed me the first time I came to tell you that you won.
pcovington270@bellsouth.net