Friday, May 22, 2009

Show and Tell

Today I'm going to show you what I did with my 3 dollar rocking chair. First I washed it, then rubbed it down with lemon oil because it was very dry. Then I added a coat of polyurethane. This chair was not in good enough shape to be restored. The seat was gone and so were some of the rungs. It also had large screws holding it together. I added a dragonfly to the back and a flower pot filled with sweet potato vine, pink and green coleus and a wave petunia to the hole in the seat.
I stuck a rusty garden trowel in the pot
and laid a rusty garden fork on the seat.
Then I got out a watering can I bought a couple years ago at a sale and added that.
There you have it, my 3 dollar lawn art. I've been giving people a hard time by telling them they noticed my cheap junk chair and not the new sidewalk that cost a $1,000!
For more Show and Tell posts go over to Kelli's House.

14 comments:

Simply Heart And Home said...

Too cute! I love the sweet touches you added to the rocking chair. Very creative!

Gina

Suzanne said...

Really cute. Love the garden tools that you added and the dragonfly! By the way, I was just noticing that that's a mighty fine sidewalk you have there.

Unknown said...

That is so cute. I have a chair with a container in it on my post today too!

vintage girl at heart said...

Oh what a deal and I love how you arranged it all into a wonderful yard art display!!!
Have a wonderful weekend@@

janet said...

what a great idea, the chair looks fabulous with all your added touches, adorable!
hugs
janet

Mommy said...

What a creative idea! I LOVE it! :)
And your sidewalk is impressive too, LOL!

A Hint of Home said...

How creative and such a cute display.

Anonymous said...

What a great way to use that chair, so pretty!

Anonymous said...

So cute, and functional, too!! Love your creative flair!!
Thanks so much for sharing~~
Blessings,
Lynn

Joyce said...

Great finished project. Have a good weekend.
Joyce

Laurie and Chris said...

Mom~ The rocking chair turned out really nice. Love your new background and topper!!

i cant decide said...

HOw cute! Great way to reuse an old treasure.

Deb said...

Jean ~ I love it! I've seen this done with a ladder back chair but not a rocking chair. It sure turned out great.

Ceekay-THINKIN of HOME said...

Wow, what a sidewalk you have...it is very nice. But wow, wow, I love the chair with the plant in it...that is priceless!!