Sunday, February 28, 2010

Deck ready!

I got this cool rocking chair at a sale for around 14 dollars. I just had to bring it home, you know about my chair addiction!After a real good all over scrubbing, I painted it white.
Then I got busy with the sand paper. I sanded where it would normally be worn.
I love where the wear and tear and the old yellow paint shows thru.
Then I added a walnut acrylic paint as a stain.
I can't wait to put it on the deck . I think it's a great addition to my wicker furniture.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the rocker. It would look good on our picnic pavilion with my wicker furniture too. I prefer the white paint, without the wear points. That's just me, though. I like the shiny new look :-)

Darla said...

I hope you did one for me too!!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Ohhh, Love it! You did a great job of antiquing it and it looks sooo comfortable. Now all you need is a glass of sweet tea, a warm day and a lot of free time.. :-)

vintage girl at heart said...

Love this! What a great deal and you gave it the perfect makeover!
Stay warm!!! Spring is right around the corner!!!

Cedar ... said...

I love rockers..... good buy!

Anne Fannie said...

Hi Jean, love love your rocker! I have one on my front porch and I there is just something about a rocker on the front porch!
I keep thnkin' spring too, can't wait!
~Ann