Thursday, July 29, 2010

Digging out!

I'm usually shoveling snow when I'm digging out but not this time. I'm digging out yellow loosestrife, perennial geraniums and black-eyed-Susans. Can you tell that I worked four hours in this garden?I started at the back and will work my way forward. I have shared a few plants before this and they were dug from the empty space in front. I took out everything but the red bee balm in this corner.
I dug out all three perennials in this area. I am leaving some of all the plants but they have all taken over this garden. I know this is not the best time to do this. I decided I needed to do it now so I can tell what is what. Plus I couldn't resist 5 dollar gallon perennials at a local nursery!

Luckily, I have a neighbor that has a bank she'd like to cover so she took most of the plants. I still have Susans and several customers are happy to take them.

Too bad I don't live close to all my gardener friends to share with you!

2 comments:

shannon i olson said...

That is a lot of work but still more fun than the snow digging out!!
I really should do a little work in the garden myself but the coffee cup has not yet released me. ;-)

Diana LaMarre said...

Now that looks like a familiar task to me! I can't even count how many BES I have dug out in the past year and I still have more to remove.

Can't wait to see what you plant in their place.