Tuesday, June 05, 2012

It's Bloomin' Tuesday!

 This week it's all about my 'middle garden' that is in the middle of my back yard.  This was one of my first gardens but it is nothing like the original anymore.
 You can see the ends of the iron crib (remember last week you saw the sides as a trellis)used as a backdrop for the amazing fox glove in the back of this garden.
 I'm not sure how this one stays standing as full as it is.
 I love the dark spots in this one.
 The dark purple spiderwart is beginning to bloom.  This garden is all in purples, pinks, white and some soft yellow.  I don't plant by color anymore, mostly by space.
 This is a view from the back that was supposed to have the 'fence' and then some globe thistle behind it.  Now because of the foxglove going wherever it wants, there is more foxglove after the thistle so I moved the 'fence'.
Last, but definitely not least is this lovely white peony.  Most of them are drooping from the severe storms we're having but this one opened in the branches of a Rose of Sharon tree.
You know the drill, name,permalink and a link on your post.
Happy Bloomin' Tuesday!

11 comments:

daisy g said...

I adore how you used the crib in the garden! Those foxgloves are amazing!!!

Barb @ A Life in Balance said...

I love the fox gloves! I found some in the front of a bed that are getting overwhelmed by orange daylilies. They're next on my list for cleaning up.

Deb said...

Jean, love the foxglove...I've never planted that. Your middle garden is beautiful and I love the crib ends.

Suzanne said...

Your middle garden is gorgeous! The foxglove is incredible and the peony so pretty.

Unknown said...

Your island bed is gorgeous!!

Carla said...

Hi Jean! So happy to find you 'bloomin' today!! Love this island bed, neat idea:) Thanks for hosting us:)

Kathy said...

The crib is a whimsical touch in your garden - looks great - I just love your foxgloves! I appreciate you hosting,
Kathy

Rosemary said...

Jean YOur foxglove are glorious I too don't know how they stand so straight. Love the white peony..... garden is looking great!

Nancy W said...

Just love your flowers, the Foxgloves are beautiful!

~~Rhonda said...

I am amazed by your foxglove. I have tried and tried to grow it, but it doesn't like this part of the world, I guess. I have never been able to get it settled in the garden. Yours are beautiful, Jean! Your "middle garden" is lovely! ~~Rhonda

furniture Osborne Park said...

I love your foxglove! They are so lovely. I like that you have concept in your garden. Beautiful indeed!